A dramatic sting led to the arrest of KwaZulu-Natal's most prolific banking fraud ring at the
The raid was the culmination of a six-week undercover operation by the province's Police Crime Intelligence operatives and marks a significant success in the fight against fraudsters.
The syndicate uses speedpoint machines to scam business accounts of hundreds of millions of rand, and then flee with the money, splurging on cars, appliances and gambling with the stolen loot.
The gang is also thought to be linked to a raft of other cases.
full story on Page 7
Most Popular Stories
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- myLINGO Translates Hollywood Films into Spanish
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- Snowden Urges Silicon Valley to Resist Internet Spying
- Toledo Jeep Plant Hiring Part-Timers
- OECD Forecasts Slowdown in Global Growth
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress