UCB, a global biopharmaceutical organisation, and
Fibrosis is a main area of unmet medical requirement. It is a tissue scarring condition, a primary cause of main organ failure, and a complicating factor in chronic diseases such as diabetes and hypertension.
Under the conditions of the contract, MRC Technology will get an upfront payment, clinical development milestone payments and royalties on future products. Consistent with the company s not-for-profit collaborative model, income from this contract is shared back with the University of
"The programme focuses on a key area of unmet medical need and we are committed to bringing fibrosis treatment to patient. We are excited to be working with MRC Technology and University of
"We are delighted to be able to partner this programme with UCB and we look forward to working together to ensure the project s commercial success. This programme has the potential to not only benefit fibrosis patients and help prevent organ failure, but also enables MRC Technology and its partners to help bring other new research to market,"
Most Popular Stories
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- How Past Mistakes Will Drive Ukraine's Future
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Millennials Favor Saving Over Investing: UBS
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California