"I am thrilled that the
"I hope that the guidelines released today provide enough clarity that some banks or credit unions feel comfortable doing business with legal marijuana businesses.
"While this is a huge step in the right direction, there is still much work to be done to ensure that legal marijuana businesses will not be prosecuted in the future. The only true way to protect these small business owners is to remove marijuana from the list of schedule 1 narcotics. The bi-partisan 'Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act,' which I sponsored would lift the federal prohibition on marijuana, and allow states, counties, and cities to regulate or ban marijuana as their citizens desire.
"Today's announcement gives me confidence that the President is beginning to put in place policies that reflect his recent statement that marijuana is less dangerous than alcohol. I look forward to continuing to work with my colleagues in
TNS 30VitinMar-140215-4639494 30VitinMar
Most Popular Stories
- Diplomatic, Financial Fix Sought for Ukraine Crisis
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Las Vegas Casino Wants 'Blackout Drunk' Gambler to Pony up $500,000
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Disney Lays Off 700 From Interactive Unit
- Last Call for Hispanic Health Care Signups
- Staples Closing Stores, Moving Online
- Stocks Get Green Light on Weekly Jobless Claims
- Costco Revenue Up, Profits Down in Q2
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?