Reuters – Jordan’s
The drug-maker has already raised its 2013 revenue forecast three times and said in November that it expected revenue from its generics unit to be about
Doxycyline is used to treat bacterial infections such as urinary tract infections, acne, gonorrhea, and chlamydia as well as the tick-borne illness Lyme disease. The drug is also used to prevent malaria.
The antibiotic was taken off the shortage list last October with no supply issues anticipated, according to the US FDA website.
"A key issue is how long the doxycycline opportunity will last and how
He added that an increase in pricing pressure in doxycycline would erode the company’s current supernormal profitability.
The company, which was founded in
"We are confident that our injectables business will continue to deliver strong revenue growth and an adjusted operating margin above 30% in 2014," the company said in a statement.
Hikma’s pretax profit nearly doubled to
The company said earlier this week that Chief Executive
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Maya Angelou Cancels Milagro Gala Appearance Due to Illness
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- GOP 2016 Hopefuls Face Off at CPAC
- Getty Releases Millions of Images for Free Via Embed Tool
- Daylight Savings Time Comes This Weekend