This year's theme, 'Let's create a better internet together,' offered an opportunity to focus on the creative activities that children and young people participate in online, as well as the role of the community and the responsibility it has to create a better internet.
The event was aimed at promoting information security, educating the community about online privacy and security threats facing children and teens, and educating parents about the legal aspects of internet usage and social networks.
With the help of supporters from the civil society, media, academics and cybersecurity ambassadors, this event targeted youth, parents and educators.
The Oman National CERT observed the national Safer Internet Day 2014 through a social media awareness campaign that included information about internet usage policies, information security knowledge, child online protection, Cybersecurity Ambassadors Programme, and
Most Popular Stories
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time