Iranian researchers at
The results of this study can be used in medical and industrial sectors as well as auto-making, steel, cement, oil, gas and petrochemical industries, ISNA said.
Air pollution in industrial centers and cities is one of the main problems in the world today, which leads to respiratory diseases.
The designed filter was first developed by means of polypropylene fiber. Next, silver nanoparticles used in the filter collide with bacteria and deactivate it. The filter surface bans the growth of bacteria.
Results of the study have been published in the
Iranians design filtersto block pollutants, bacteria
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO