Barnes, a retired physician who practiced internal medicine and oncology, spent many years as chairman of the former Macon State College Foundation and has devoted considerable time and resources to the development of the extensive botanical gardens on the Macon Campus.
In 2013, Barnes was one of 14 individuals, organizations or companies recognized by the
This year's conference features presentations on hydrangeas, tea farms, native azalea and orchids. Breakout sessions will provide information from notable experts about pruning and propagation. Vendors will have plants and art for sale. The
Register at http://bit.ly/KAnJU2. For more information, call (478) 471-2780.
Learn more about the
CC AutoTriage10PkS-140215-30TacordaCheng-4639583 30TacordaCheng
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?