Barnes, a retired physician who practiced internal medicine and oncology, spent many years as chairman of the former Macon State College Foundation and has devoted considerable time and resources to the development of the extensive botanical gardens on the Macon Campus.
In 2013, Barnes was one of 14 individuals, organizations or companies recognized by the
This year's conference features presentations on hydrangeas, tea farms, native azalea and orchids. Breakout sessions will provide information from notable experts about pruning and propagation. Vendors will have plants and art for sale. The
Register at http://bit.ly/KAnJU2. For more information, call (478) 471-2780.
Learn more about the
CC AutoTriage10PkS-140215-30TacordaCheng-4639583 30TacordaCheng
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic
- Castro Named as a Caress Fabulista
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide