Electronics industry CEOs have told
The detailed plan from 11 Electronics CEOs was requested by Kroes from an
New high growth areas, in particular Internet of Things (IoT) and the development of 'Smart-X' markets (e.g. smart homes, smart grids etc.). The target is to capture 60% of this emerging market by 2020.
Regaining strong presence in mobile and wireless communications. The target is for
On the demand side, the group proposes a major initiative, "Smart Everything Everywhere" to establish centres of excellence and zones for large-scale, real-life testing of emerging technologies throughout
On the supply side, the group sees a clear opportunity to increase capacity by 70,000 new wafers (the slices of semiconductor material on which the chips are manufactured) per month from 2016/17 onwards - an average of 10% increased capacity per year.
The ELG will now work on transforming these ideas into concrete actions by
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March