Last of the series of workshops on “Public Expenditure & Financial Accountability Assessment and FATA Public Financial Management Strategy Development” being organized by The World Bank Pakistan for financial officers of FATA was held here on Thursday.
The workshop was attended by Financial Managers from FATA whereas Governance, Audit and Revenue experts addressed the workshop.
Senior Governance Specialist,
He while referring to overwhelming participation and discussion of the participants during these workshops said that recommendations of the participants will be incorporated in the report following this series of workshops.
Felicitating the participants, he said and informed that FATA has joined the global club of entities having carried out this exercise and FATA’s name has been published in the international PEFA website.
Coordinator Implementation Support Unit, FATA Muhammad Zahoor thanked the participants for their active participation in these workshops and hoped that it will go a long way to benefit the FATA people. “It was a helpful support and we need such support to be continued to streamline and bring FATA at par with the developed areas of the country” Zahoor concluded.
It is worth mentioning that Public Expenditure Financial Accountability Assessments (PEFA) is an internationally accepted tool for undertaking a comprehensive and integrated diagnosis of
This provides a base line upon which a comprehensive and integrated Public Financial Management Reforms Strategy can be established.
Most Popular Stories
- Diplomatic, Financial Fix Sought for Ukraine Crisis
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Las Vegas Casino Wants 'Blackout Drunk' Gambler to Pony up $500,000
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Disney Lays Off 700 From Interactive Unit
- Last Call for Hispanic Health Care Signups
- Staples Closing Stores, Moving Online
- Stocks Get Green Light on Weekly Jobless Claims
- Costco Revenue Up, Profits Down in Q2
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?