The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose eight points, or 0.5 percent, to close at 1,838 Friday. The Dow Jones industrial average rose 126 points, or 0.8 percent, to 16,154.
The Nasdaq composite edged up three points, or 0.1 percent, to 4,244.
The S&P 500 index climbed 2.3 percent this week, the biggest gain so far this year. Investors liked what they heard earlier in the week from incoming Federal Reserve Chair
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction