According to AP, Dow Jones industrial average futures fell 100 points to 15,843 shortly before the opening bell. Standard & Poor's 500 index futures dropped 12 points to 1,805 and the Nasdaq futures climbed 23 points to 3,621.
The number of people seeking U.S. unemployment benefits rose 8,000 last week to 339,000, evidence that layoffs ticked up. Economist had forecast claims of 330,000.
--SPA 19:07 LOCAL TIME
All Rights Reversed for Saudi Press Agency Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign