The Minister, who is the Co-chair of the partnership, was speaking at the opening of the
The other co-chairs include Minister for National Development Planning,
"This is what my continent is so keen about.
The Minister, who is also the Coordinating Minister for the Economy, said through work on improving
A high level panel on Illicit Financial Flows from
"Resources flow out of
Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala said boosting domestic resource mobilisation and cutting illicit financial flows in developing economies would be some of the key topics slated for discussion at the
Participants would review the global progress in implementing commitments on effective development co-operation in middle-income countries, the role of business in development, co-operation with and by other Southern countries.
The Millennium Development Goals, MDGs, and the global anti-poverty targets agreed in 2000 would expire in 2015, with ongoing debates and negotiations on a framework for a replacement by 2030.
The group brings governments, private companies, civil society and others together to ensure funding, time and knowledge produce maximum impact for development.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy