The Minister, who is the Co-chair of the partnership, was speaking at the opening of the
The other co-chairs include Minister for National Development Planning,
"This is what my continent is so keen about.
The Minister, who is also the Coordinating Minister for the Economy, said through work on improving
A high level panel on Illicit Financial Flows from
"Resources flow out of
Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala said boosting domestic resource mobilisation and cutting illicit financial flows in developing economies would be some of the key topics slated for discussion at the
Participants would review the global progress in implementing commitments on effective development co-operation in middle-income countries, the role of business in development, co-operation with and by other Southern countries.
The Millennium Development Goals, MDGs, and the global anti-poverty targets agreed in 2000 would expire in 2015, with ongoing debates and negotiations on a framework for a replacement by 2030.
The group brings governments, private companies, civil society and others together to ensure funding, time and knowledge produce maximum impact for development.
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama