The author of the article reviews amendments to Civil Code, adopted by the Georgian Parliament on
For those individuals, who are not commercial banks, micro-financial organizations and non-banking depository institutions and who are called "money lenders" (private mortgage lenders), there is set margin of interest rates.
When law prohibits lending of the money with high interest rate, it will not cause termination of loan issuing. Instead, signing of guaranteed realty purchase agreement will start, the author of the article declares, adding that "no great observation is required to understand that this and other forms of law avoidance will damage borrower much more, than it was under regulation, existing before amendments".
Finally, the author of the article points that the amendments violate article of
Most Popular Stories
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- Senators Reach Deal on Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Deborah Hersman Quits NTSB
- Swedish Journalist Nils Horner Shot Dead in Kabul
- Copper Plunges on China Jitters
- Job Openings Less Than Expected in January
- U.S. Stocks Sink for 3rd Day in a Row