The State Bank of
In a circular issued on Thursday, SBP advised to provide preferential treatment or out of queue assistance to all special persons desirous to conduct banking transaction or want to avail other financial services from these institutions.
According to the circular, the SBP expects banks/DFIs/MFBs to explore the feasibility of installing talking ATMs in consultation with other industry players so that at least one talking ATM is generally available to the users at different locations in a city. Banks have been further advised to make arrangements to bring the locations of such talking ATMs to the notice of general public. Circular aked banks/DFIs/ MFBs to provide a list of all such branches and ATM cabins to SBP, on half yearly basis from
The SBP has also directed banks/ DFIs/ MFBs to make arrangements, wherever possible, to construct ramps at the entrance of existing branches and ATM cabins to allow easy access to wheelchair users. It has been emphasized that the structure of newly installed ATM cabins should be designed in such a manner that special persons and wheelchair users are facilitated to access the same.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March