"PS4 sales were nearly double that of the Xbox One in the month,"
"Demand for PlayStation 4 remains incredibly strong," said Sony PlayStation's brand marketing senior VP Guy Longworth. "It's clear gamers are choosing PlayStation as the best place to play."
Meanwhile, videogame software sales sank by about 40% in November to
"The decline was due to a big drop in the number of new titles released for play," said NPD analyst
Activision's military shooter game "Call of Duty: Ghosts" was the best selling game on a "top 10" list that included "Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag" and "Grand Theft Auto V."
According to NPD traditional format videogame sales overall for January were
NPD said that when money spent on mobile games, rentals, digital downloads, subscriptions and social network play are added in, sales for January totalled
Source: AFP via
All rights reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Diplomatic, Financial Fix Sought for Ukraine Crisis
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Las Vegas Casino Wants 'Blackout Drunk' Gambler to Pony up $500,000
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Disney Lays Off 700 From Interactive Unit
- Last Call for Hispanic Health Care Signups
- Staples Closing Stores, Moving Online
- Stocks Get Green Light on Weekly Jobless Claims
- Costco Revenue Up, Profits Down in Q2
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?