Underlying profits for the
Unite national officer
"Profits have doubled thanks to ordinary workers doing extraordinary work behind the scenes to turn the bank around, but they have been rewarded with an insulting two per cent pay deal - the lowest pay deal of the big four banks so far.
"The CEO's Pounds1.7 million bonus, on top of shares worth millions awarded at the end of October is a kick in the teeth to the taxpayer, and to hardworking staff who don't know if they will be next in line for the chop from one day to the next.
"From the financial crisis to PPI mis-selling, workers in call centres and branches are being forced to pay the price for past failures which were not of their making, but those at the top continue to enjoy bumper bonuses with the help of taxpayers' money."
CC AutoTriage1pm-140214-30TagarumaMar-4637858 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Castro Named as a Caress Fabulista