The maiden hearing on the Audit Report of 2012 by the Public Accounts Committee in Parliament had to be postponed yesterday because of no show by key officials of the Auditor-General's Office and the
The conspicuous absence of Auditor-General of Audit Service Sierra Leone, Mrs.
Ruling party lawmaker, Hon.
Meanwhile, deputy chairman of the Committee, Hon. Eric Koedoyoma of the SLPP, warned MDAs to put their document in correct order ahead of sittings, if they do not want to elicit anger from members of the Committee. He said the Accountant-General should be present in all subsequent sittings because during previous sittings of the Committee, many MDAs blamed their shortcomings on the Accountant General's Department, including allegations that they had paid refunds to the latter or that they have not receive any allocations from MoFED.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion