In a statement yesterday,
"This year's event will be expanded to two days with sideline masters class workshops focused on development of Zimbabwe MSMEs with topics such as trade finance for SMEs , inclusive business and value chain financing , marketing and brand management for MSMEs, business and strategic planning for MSMEs, and fundraising for micro-finance institutions being discussed," said
It will also focus on insurance services examining the opportunities and challenges to taking SME banking, micro-finance and micro insurance to scale. Speakers expected for the summit include SMEs and Cooperatives Development Minister Sithembiso Nyoni who will officially open the event, acting
Survey data from various studies demonstrate that some banks, microfinance and insurance firms are now targeting SMEs as a profitable segment of the economy.
Micro, small and medium enterprises play a vital role in the country's economic development by increasing competition, fostering innovation and generating employment.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs