The Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana Chamber of Telecommunications,
According to him, the increasing cost of inputs, such as energy, and the macro-economy as a whole also had an impact on what the end-user paid for telecoms services.
Mr. Sakyi-Addo made these known at a day's forum organized in
He noted: "GIFEC (
Mr. Sakyi-Addo cited statistics from the ICT Development Index (IDI) in the
The IDI measures ICT access, skills and usage and aggregates them from a minimum of zero to a maximum of 10.0
GIFEC is funded from statutory deductions from mobile telecom operators. An official of GIFEC,
Commenting on the issue of broadband affordability, the Minister of Communications, Dr
"This target I believe can be achieved with a collective and concerted effort by Government and the Private Sector," Dr. Boamah said.
At the end of the day's forum, the A4AI Initiative formed a new national multi-stakeholder coalition and action plan in
A4AI is made up a diverse group of private, public and civil society sector players advocating for open, competitive and innovative broadband markets. Its Global sponsors include
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock