Stocks closed lower ahead of major earning announcements amid concerns for security unrest in the city and rising political uncertainty.
At KSE benchmark KSE-100 share index off by 136.01 points or 0.51 percent to end the day at 26541.26 points compared 26677.27 points of the previous day.
AVP Equity Sales at Topline Samar Iqbal said late profit-taking in index in heavy weight blue chips plummeted market. OGDC lost
However, pre-result buying interest was seen in
Major fall in global stocks, delays in privatisation of SOEs, pending OMC margin decisions, dismal trade deficit data for July-Janí14 and circular debt concerns in energy sector played a catalyst role in bearish activity despite record corporate earnings, analyst observed.
Market traded 276.139 million shares after opening at 284.366 million shares and the value of traded shares was climbed to
Trading took place in 392 companies where losers outnumbered the gainers 209 to 157 while the value of 26 stocks remained intact. Rafhan Maize was the top day price gainer up by
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy