Following is the text of press release issued by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)
The government has tabled the Gas (Theft Control and Recovery) Ordinance 2014 in the Upper House during the 9th sitting of its 101st session on Friday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
The House also took up a calling attention notice (CAN), sponsored by five PPPP legislators including two females, regarding the resignation of
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings:
Members' Participation in House Proceedings
The sitting started at 1043 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours with a delay of 43 minutes.
The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
Eleven senators were present at the outset, 33 at the adjournment while a maximum of 40 at one point during the proceedings.
The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, PkMAP, PML-F, PML-N and ANP attended the sitting.
Three minority members attended the sitting.
Eight members applied for leave.
The Leader of the House and the Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
The Federal Minister for Law, Justice and Human Rights laid the Gas (Theft Control and Recovery) Ordinance 2014.
Representation and Responsiveness
Sponsored by five PPPP legislators including two females, a calling attention notice (CAN) regarding the resignation of
All 19 starred questions (requiring oral as well as written replies) on the agenda were taken up while 30 supplementary questions were also asked.
Order and Institutionalization
Legislators spoke on 11 points of order for 31 minutes.
There were no incidents of protests, walkouts and boycotts
'Orders of the Day' was available to the legislators, observers and others.
Information on senators' attendance was not available to the observers and the public.
For more information, contact:Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)FAFEN RepresentativeFAFEN Secretariat 224, Margalla Road F-10/ 3 - IslamabadTel: +9251 221 1026Fax: +9251 221 1047Cell: +92321 501 7355, +92301 854 9188Email: email@example.comURL: http://www.fafen.org
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels