The financing accord was inked at a rate of
Ramirez said the agreement was part of PDVSA's larger effort to raise production and thanked Brufau for his personal involvement in relations between
5 Killed in
The accident occurred before noon at the La Profundidad site, which lies in a remote patch of jungle that can only be reached by boat or aircraft.
Initial reports spoke of 10 dead and dozens hurt and missing.
Newspaper owner gunned down in
Palma "did not have any declared enemies," Carvalho said, but the journalist had used his newspaper to denounce police misconduct in
The Economic Activity Index, or IBC-Br, considered a reliable predictor of gross domestic product performance, was up 2.57 percent for all of 2013.
That figure topped official and market forecasts for roughly 2 percent growth. The IBC-Br edged up 0.17 percent in December compared to the same month of 2012, the report added.
Argentine president's test results "satisfactory," docs say
The results of brain scans and an electrocardiogram were "satisfactory," the Presidential Medical Unit said in a statement.
Thursday's examination was part of regular monitoring of Fernandez's condition in the wake of October's surgery, the statement said.
Doctors proscribed a month of complete rest for the 60-year-old, two-term president following the procedure and Fernandez has kept a low profile since officially resuming her duties in November.
The fatalities were an 88-year-old who was killed when a shelter in Malang,
Authorities had ordered area inhabitants to evacuate the day before the late Thursday night eruption of
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March