Guinness, which tails
Being two of the top three strongly capitalised stocks,
The biggest gainer of the day was NEWGOLD whose N9 gain dwarfed the gain of others, with
The All Share Index (ASI) of the NSE experienced a free fall, losing 900.67 points or 2.24 percent to close at 39,378.15 on Thursday, the biggest single fall since
Analysts say yesterday's loss could be attributed to panic sales resulting from prolonged speculative trading.
There are chances the current downtrend will be extended, with increasing foreign investors sell-off and other pointers in the economy expected to make stocks continue to struggle. It would therefore be wise for investors to be cautious at this time and cut down on impulse buying.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?