The three largest semi-government organizations (SGOs), the
The four unions of EAC began their strike at 07.00. The Transmission System Operator (TSO) warned on Thursday evening that it could not rule out failure of the entire grid.
The EAC announced that consumers can be informed on power cuts through their website at www.eac.com.cy.
Workers at CYTA began a 24-hour strike from midnight in protest over the bill to privatize the organization.
CYTA workers have gathered outside their central offices today. Politicians are scheduled to visit them to express their support to their cause.
The bill titled "Privatisations Law 2014" is considered as a precondition for the disbursement of the next tranche of the €10 billion financial assistance package granted to
According to the bill, the
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet