He said the business fraternity should endeavour to fully participate in the country's robus econimic activities.
He said bad corporate governance erodes the confidence of clients at both micro and macro levels.
"This growth is significant because it will enable the bank to play an enhanced role in the economic arena of our country, and I expect sustained support from your bank to vital economic areas such as manufacturing, agriculture, tourism and infrastructure development,"
The Finance Minister said Government had allocated resources for various developments and infrastructure projects in
Mr Chikwan said Government has in the 2014 budget allocated more than K400 million for various development and infrastructure projects in
Indo Zambia Board chairperson
Ms Moyo said the facility had been put in place to supplement Government's efforts in fostering a people centered growth and development throughout the country.
"With our brand promise of 'Supporting You Developing Zambia' the strategic intent of this Mongu branch is to support a multi segment customer base and establish enduring partnerships with the business community and foster growth especially through SMEs and self help groups.
He said the bank had a vast SMEs participation of approximately 9,000 accounts which comprises 50 per cent of its total loan portfolio.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down