The government and beverage companies on Friday differed over modalities by which revenue targets are expected to be met as they discussed the controversial capacity tax.
Representatives of the beverage companies met with Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) in
Dar explained that the capacity tax system had been introduced in the last budget in order to allow the industry to work freely, without unnecessary interventions from the department while boosting contributions to the national exchequer.
During the meeting the
While the industry representatives re-affirmed their commitment to increase their net tax payment by 25%, continue the capacity system but they differed on the modalities for meeting the targets.
With no decision in this regard being reached on Friday, the representatives of the government and beverage companies decided to reconvene on
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter
- AC/DC Denies Rumor It's Done Rocking
- U.S. Capacity Utlization Rate Rose More Than Expected in March
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen