Hollywood actress-turned-author Cameron Diaz got pranked while paying a visit to The Ellen Show on Thursday.
While the 41-year-old actress spoke to Ellen DeGeneres about the upcoming 20th anniversary of The Mask -- a film that catapulted Diaz to stardom -- the host pulled one of her classic scare pranks on the actress.
"Twenty years ago, it was your first, The Mask?" DeGeneres told Diaz. "What an amazing first experience in film to do that movie with Jim Carrey."
"I can't believe that I get to still make movies 20 years later," the The Other Woman star responded. "I turned 21 on the set of that film and I will never forget it because obviously, you turn 21 and you're like woo, 21!"
DeGeneres then skewed the conversation to the scary nature of the mask. As Diaz provided some insight to how unpleasant the process was of putting it on and taking it off, a man dressed a Carrey's character in the film slowly began to creep up from behind and startled her.
"That scared me, I got chills all up and down!" Diaz admitted laughing.
The Mask (1994) was Diaz's first film. The actress will next star alongside Kate Upton and Leslie Mann in the romantic comedy The Other Woman.
[The Ellen Show]
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Cameron Diaz pranked by 'The Mask' on 'Ellen'
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party