The government through the central bank can help the owners of garment factories recover the heavy losses caused by political instability across the country last year, says a top banker. “There’s no long-term fund to help the garment sector in recovering their losses. It’s also not possible for the banks to relax loan reschedule rules for big loans,” M Ehsan Khasru, Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the
Khasru, however, said loan rescheduling rules can be relaxed for SME and short-term loans.
Reminding the due role of banks, he said banks need to understand where they are making returns, rather than simply looking at the volumes of profits.
Mentioning that time has come now to think about economic capital allocation he said,
About the use of technologies in banking system, the
In this regard, he mentioned that
Over the progress of
He also said
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- Legalize Marijuana But Not Hard Drugs, Say Americans
- Michaels Data Breach May Affect 2.6 Million Cards
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies at 87
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Naya Rivera and Lea Michele: The 'Glee' Fight That Never Was?
- Chipotle Plans First Price Rise in 3 Years