(Income-Splitting-Harper) (Audio: P03)
The discussion about the Conservatives' 2011 election promise to bring in income-splitting continued on several fronts today.
Prime Minister Harper now says reducing taxes for families remains a high priority, but any discussion about income splitting will have to wait until the budget is balanced.
Flaherty told Parliament today that the government is committed to greater tax relief for families. (14)
(Harper-Infrastructure) (Audio: 117)
Prime Minister Harper unveiled his
He says the infrastructure money will benefit cities and towns of all sizes, with
The cash will be doled out over the next decade starting this spring. (14)
(OLY-HKN-Canada-Norway) (Audio: 115)
But the men's hockey team dominated the second period and went on to beat
C-E-O Arlene Wilgosh says while there were no problems with the medical decisions to discharge the men, the authority will draft a checklist to ensure discharged patients can manage when they get home.
The authority is also working with taxi companies so drivers have specific instructions if discharged patients require extra care. (14)
(Burns-Lake-Blast) (Audio: 122)
A report ordered by B-C Premier
The report says the investigation was flawed and that WorkSafeBC failed to gather evidence in a way that could be used in a criminal case.
Clark announced the review after a WorkSafeBC probe into the blast at the Babine Forest Products mill became mired in controversy when the Crown announced it would not lay charges, in part due to flaws in the investigation. (14)
A fragment of a Persian bas-relief sculpture worth
The artifact dating from the fifth century B-C was recovered in an apartment after being taken from the
Police have arrested a 33-year-old
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Michaels Data Breach May Affect 2.6 Million Cards
- Legalize Marijuana But Not Hard Drugs, Say Americans
- Naya Rivera and Lea Michele: The 'Glee' Fight That Never Was?
- Larry Flynt Won't Stop Sending Porn to Congress
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges