Highly irked on the news regarding the government’s intention to privatise Wapda, its workers took out a protest rally and staged a sit-in at Chowk Nawan Shehr on Wednesday.
Work in all offices of
Holding placards and banners inscribed with their demands regarding suspension of privatisation process, the Wapda workers marched through LMQ road, Khanewal road, Kutchery Chowk, Kalma Chowk and carried out non-stop sloganeering against the government. Through a unanimously adopted resolution, the participants of the demo asked the government to allocate sufficient resources to build new hydel and thermal powerhouses in the country. They demanded that the government should make energy theft a cognizable offence and establish special courts to punish the thieves. They warned that any bid to privatise Wapda would be confronted by the workers with full force.
BODY TO PROBE HOSPITAL FIRE:
The fire breakout forced the hospital administration to suspend entire activity in the Emergency Block and shift the patients out. No patient got hurt in the incident. Hospital sources claimed that waste papers and trash caught fire in the basement of Emergency Block and fire-fighters of Rescue 1122 put it out after efforts of about three hours.
The hospital MS claimed that the medicine stock kept at the basement was intact.
This was disclosed by the Event Manager
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder