U.S. stock futures dropped in pre-market trading Thursday after the government reported that the number of people claiming unemployment benefits rose unexpectedly last week. Weak earnings from
KEEPING SCORE: Dow Jones industrial average futures fell 100 points to 15,843 shortly before the opening bell. Standard & Poor's 500 index futures dropped 12 points to 1,805 and the Nasdaq futures climbed 23 points to 3,621.
JOBLESS CLAIMS: The number of people seeking U.S. unemployment benefits rose 8,000 last week to 339,000, evidence that layoffs ticked up. Economist had forecast claims of 330,000.
Most Popular Stories
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset
- Jan Brewer Out on Term Limits