With a handful of companies—prominent among them is Emaar Properties—left now to announce their results, including dividend payouts, bullish investor sentiment is keeping the liquidity high that is aiding the uptrend in the markets, with only small dips for a session or two. Emaar's fourth quarter results will be announced on Tuesday.
Company news--both results and winning of contracts--and speculation on some stocks that are not seen as fundamentally strong by analysts and yet have seen big jumps have also been factors behind the outperformance of the local markets.
The weekly gain for the capital's index was 4.38 per cent. For the month of February, the indexes of
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Arriola Takes Charge at SoCalGas
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday