A Welsh Government backed credit union has attracted more than 1 million of savings from people in Torfaen and Monmouthshire, Communities Minister
The Welsh Government has provided financial support to Gateway for a number of years and recently announced a new 1.25 million funding package to increase credit union membership across
Communities and Tackling Poverty Minister
"The Welsh Government is determined to support the growth of affordable financial services such as these as people see a squeeze on their standard of living and the growth of high-interest lenders and pay day loan firms.
"There are now approximately 73,000 credit union members across
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11