Teck said its net profit for the quarter ended
However, excluding one-time items, Teck's adjusted profit of
In addition, Teck's fourth-quarter revenue fell nearly 13 per cent from a year earlier, dropping to
"However, prices for all of our key products were down compared to last year, resulting in lower profits and cash flows than in 2012," Lindsay said in a statement.
Copper prices in the fourth quarter were down 10 per cent compared with a year earlier, while coal prices were down 11 per cent.
The price of zinc was down two per cent, silver was down 36 per cent and molybdenum was down nine per cent. Lead was off four per cent.
In its outlook, Teck said while it expects that the longer term fundamentals for steelmaking coal, copper and zinc are favourable, the recent market weakness may well persist for some time.
The company also noted the recent decline in the loonie's value has helped the competitiveness of its Canadian operations, but will, to a lesser extent, raise some of the company's costs.
For the full year, Teck earned
Teck reported a full-year adjusted profit of
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Lilo Comes Clean on Celebrity Sex List