According to new data from
“Though broadband diffusion may be slowing as the market matures, the expansion of broadband-connected TVs continues at rapid clip, up 19% in the last year,” noted
The data found that, among broadband households with a net-connected TV, average ownership is 1.6 units, meaning a large portion of users own multiple net-connected TVs. In fact, 42% of connected TV owners have two or more such configurations.
“Whether net-to-TV video will somehow topple traditional pay-TV service models has been a red herring from the beginning,” says Greeson. “The real debate is the extent to which the growing availability and expanding use of ‘OTT TV’ services will have on the time viewers spend watching traditional pay-TV given the growing array of sources at their disposal. While not a simple a zero-sum game, we are nearing or at that breaking point where the growing use of broadband-based sources simply chips away at time once spent using traditional sources. This is hardly a radical argument, and made all the more inevitable given these new findings.
TDG’S Q1 primary research study –
TDG provides actionable intelligence on the shifts impacting consumer technology and media behavior. Since 2004, our market research and advisory services have helped hundreds of technology vendors, media companies, and service providers understand how consumers access, navigate, distribute, and consume broadband media – whenever and wherever they may be.
For more information about
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11582038.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- Mt. Gox Files for Bankruptcy in U.S.
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Sbarro Files for Bankruptcy Again