Performance-enhancing highlights include LTE Carrier Aggregation for three carriers, to reach peak data speeds of 450 Mbps;
Many of today's solutions, such as voice over LTE (VoLTE) require software interaction between virtually every part of a network.
One new feature addressing operator growth is the Virtual Home Gateway. It offers personalized service chaining for devices and users while simplifying operator network management.
The enterprise segment is addressed with the external release of IMS software functionality for VisualCom, enabling HD video conferencing that is as easy and reliable as a phone call.
Upgrading to the latest software release means getting all the benefits from previous releases combined with new functionality to further enhance capability in the network. Measurements from live commercial networks show that operators the run the latest release of network software have on average 30 percent better downlink speeds and a staggering 50 percent improvement in uplink speeds compared to operators running on older software.
Most Popular Stories
- Microsoft Releases Free OneNote for Mac
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- Homebuilders Show Rising Confidence in Market
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Obama Imposes Sanctions on Russian Officials
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock
- Ford Flies High on Speed
- 'Walking Dead' Takes a Shocking Turn: Recap