The scientist behind the development of a maize strain resistant to colonising weed striga hopes to release the seeds to farmers this year.
"I will either start up a seed unit or partner with organisations like
READ: Maseno researcher develops bug-resistant maize seed
The grain is expected to yield between eight and 11 tonnes per hectare, especially in
"Although it can adjust to most altitudes, its productivity is high around
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party