The scientist behind the development of a maize strain resistant to colonising weed striga hopes to release the seeds to farmers this year.
"I will either start up a seed unit or partner with organisations like
READ: Maseno researcher develops bug-resistant maize seed
The grain is expected to yield between eight and 11 tonnes per hectare, especially in
"Although it can adjust to most altitudes, its productivity is high around
Most Popular Stories
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- Millennials Favor Saving Over Investing: UBS