PHARMACEUTICAL group Shire's strong growth is set to continue this year, the company said yesterday, after demand for its rare disease drugs helped it report better than expected fourth-quarter profits.
Its shares hit a record high during the day, yet eased back to close roughly flat, at 3,142p.
The company also said finance chief
Shire, which makes attention deficit hyperactivity disorder drug Vyvanse, posted a 36 per cent rise in fourth-quarter earnings per American Depositary Share of
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- Earnings Season Starts Rough for Health Insurers
- Saucedo Mercer Running on Empty in Arizona
- Spring Salmon Return to San Joaquin
- IPO Market Shows Signs of Settling Down to Earth
- Pakistan Library Dedicated to 'Osama bin Laden, the Martyr'
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001