Pandemonium broke out in Makurdi, the Benue State capital yesterday when armed men suspected to be robbers shot and killed two policemen escorting a vehicle conveying money belonging to the state government.
The deceased are policemen attached to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) who it was gathered accompanied the officials of the state
Witnesses told LEADERSHIP that the incident occurred at about
The murdered policemen were said to be in a Toyota Hilux van marked BN O7 A07 alongside a woman believed to be the Director of Finance and Administration (DAF) in the ministry and another government personnel who withdrew money from the bank and were conveying it to the state secretariat.
Recall that barely a year ago, a similar incident happened at the gate of the state secretariat when the officials of the ministry of finance took money from the bank. The officials were later arrested and arraigned.
The public relations officer of the state police command,
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset