Walsh has slashed costs and divested non-core assets at the
"These strong results reflect the progress we are making to transform our business and demonstrate how we are fulfilling our commitments to improve performance, strengthen the balance sheet and deliver greater value for shareholders," said Walsh.
"The 15 per cent increase in our dividend reflects our confidence in the business and its attractive prospects."
Underlying earnings rose 10 per cent to
Iron ore continues to dominate
Broker Investec said yesterday that the results were "ahead of expectations on all measures".
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Grand Jury Seated in Rick Perry Ethics Case
- U.S. Homebuilder Confidence Edged Up in April
- Alfonso Wins Executive of the Year Award
- The 420 on the Hemp Products Giveaway
- German Firm Starts Gas Deliveries to Ukraine
- Five Secrets for Keeping a Job
- Study: Casual Marijuana Use May Cause Brain Changes
- Coca-Cola Soda Sales Lose Pop
- Miami Attorney Being Honored for Charity Work