THE rand slipped against the dollar today after failing to sustain gains made the previous day.
The rand was at 11.0495 to the dollar at
The currency traded above 11.000 to the dollar yesterday, reaching a session high of 10.9300, before weakening to close just shy of the psychologically key level.
Yields on the 2026 and |2015 government bonds each rose 2 basis points to 8.74 percent and 7.13 percent respectively.
The spotlight today will be on President
"With foreign investors already concerned about strike action and socio-economic uncertainty in
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security