The creation of a nationwide mobile payment, identification and authentication system is one of the key areas of the
"We are working with the central bank and the
"Since it was announced last May that government will be shifting to mGovernment, we have completed more than half of what is required."
Preparation will be in two phases. Initially, the infrastructure will be built, which will be handled by the TRA. Then the government services will be re-engineered, which will be handled by the prime minister's office.
"Smart government is a holistic idea of how the government will work.
"We had to look and study all the government e-services and see how to best convert them to smart services."
The government will train 2,000 employees from all seven emirates in how to use the new mGovernment systems and services.
"You can easily make a smart service that users wouldn't be able to figure out how to use, the key is to make it easy to use by everyone," said Ms Humeid.
"Children are using applications without any training today."
A 33-page guide explaining to all government entities how they should prepare themselves was released at the summit at Madinat Jumeirah.
"Smart government is the new way in developing governments, and as society is changing the government has to be in synergy with their expectations," said
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet