Nokia has announced the introduction of its first 6-inch Lumia smartphones into the Nigerian market; the Lumia 1520, Nokia's top of the range Windows Phone and the affordable Lumia 1320.
To compliment the launch of both devices, Nokia has kicked off the story-teller competition, which would allow people share inspirational stories of friendship and get the opportunity to win an all expense paid trip to
With a 6 inch 1080p full high definition screen, the Lumia 1520 has an enhanced start screen featuring an additional 3rd column of live tiles, allowing people to get to their favourite apps faster with less scrolling. It also features a 20MP PureView camera with optical image stabilization, oversampling technology and zooming capabilities which can easily capture and edit high quality pictures and tell better stories.
Speaking on both devices, Senior Manager, Product Marketing,
"Both devices come pre-installed with business and productivity applications and a unique new photography application called the Storyteller app which allows people tell stories of places they have visited using pictures. The Storyteller App seamlessly merges two Lumia signature experiences, PureView Imaging and HERE maps, to allow users relive their photos in a new, dynamic and interactive way" he added.
To ensure that Nigerians get the best mobile communications experience on the Lumia 1520, Nokia has tied the unveiling to the 2014 social media week that will be hosted in
"This would feature a night of eat, shoot, repeat to drive home how the Nokia Lumia 1520 and its more affordable cousin Nokia Lumia 1320 can enrich consumers' communications experience. "We want to use this opportunity to announce the launch and availability of our new flagship products, Balogun said.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March