In the wake of unprecedented returns in the stock market, many asset management companies (AMCs) seem to be in a rush to push gullible individuals into equity investments.
But the decision of
“I was waiting for the right time to launch an equity fund,”
With total assets under management (AUM) of
“I challenge you to compare our fund’s performance with the first year’s track record of any AMC in
Although the company is just one-and-a-half years old, its AUM have surpassed many well-established AMCs that are backed by strong financial institutions, such as KASB Funds, PICIC Asset Management and Habib Asset Management.
Not just that,
One distinctive characteristic of
Noting that other AMCs also redeem quickly, he adds that mostly they have to sell treasury bills in the market at unrealistic yields when they receive a big redemption request. “On the contrary, we manage our assets in a way that our maturity period is short. With our daily product accounts and negotiated rates with banks, our investment is so diversified that we never have to sell any investments,” he noted.
The company’s fund manager’s report for January shows 38.4% of portfolio allocation for the
“We keep our money with AAA-rated banks only. No matter how big the redemption request is, all I’ll have to do is simply write a check and redeem it,” Ateeq said.
Like Business on Facebook, follow @TribuneBiz on Twitter to stay informed and join in the conversation.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation