The Minister called the return to balanced budgets a cornerstone of Economic Action Plan 2014, an achievement that will increase
The Minister also discussed a number of targeted and affordable measures proposed in Economic Action Plan 2014 to spur job creation and economic growth in an uncertain global economy, including:
- Launching the Canada Job Grant and an enhanced Job Matching Service to help connect Canadians with available jobs.
- Introducing a new Canada Apprentice Loan to help apprentices registered in Red Seal trades with the cost of training by offering over
- Investing in programs to help older workers and persons with disabilities access the labour market.
- Creating thousands of new paid internships for young Canadians entering the job market.
- Further enhancing the Canada Accelerator and Incubator Program to provide entrepreneurs with intensive mentoring and other resources to develop their business.
- Since the inception of
- Responsible fiscal management has enabled
- Since 2006,
- The competitiveness of
- EAP 2014 Overview Video http://www.budget.gc.ca/2014/docs/media/Videos/overview-apercu-eng.html
- Backgrounder: The Road to Balance http://www.budget.gc.ca/2014/docs/themes/road-voie-eng.html
- Backgrounder: Supporting Families and Communities http://www.budget.gc.ca/2014/docs/themes/famcom-famcol-eng.html
- Backgrounder: Jobs and Growth http://www.budget.gc.ca/2014/docs/themes/jobs-emplois-eng.html
TNS 18EstebanLiz-140213-30FurigayJane-4635617 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- Last Call for Hispanic Health Care Signups
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Cuba Accepts Invite for Talks With EU