The exhibition will also be recognizing a number of prominent Emirati artists who have had a significant impact on the evolution and subsequent shaping of regional art.
The 8th edition of Art Dubai will take place in Madinat Jumeirah from 19th to
Ayman Abuhabsa, Head of Private Banking, Mashreq commented, "We have worked with our partners at the Dubai Art Fair to formulate a program that both captures the Art Fair's objectives whilst also reflecting our clients' and visitors' cultural, social and intellectual interests. We are also equally enthused about the collective level of commitment and broadening participation in the area of art and are happy to be part of it. Over the last few centuries, the
Abuhabsa added, "People have traditionally purchased art for passionate as well as a variety of other personal reasons. However, in last decade or so, art is also being viewed and purchased for investment gains purposes and is increasingly referred to as an asset class benchmarked via an index. We again believe, we can play an important role in ensuring that our investors' views on art are understood, preserved and embraced whilst channeled and rationalized suitably."
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security