Continuing with Wednesday’s momentum, the index started on a positive note and quickly rose to 26,850 levels on Thursday, before late selling mainly on profit-taking, wiped morning gains and pulled the index in red.
The Karachi Stock Exchange’s (KSE) benchmark 100-share index fell 0.51% or 136.01 points to end at 26,541.26.
“The excitement carried on to other blue chip stocks in oils, cements and textiles pushing
Meanwhile, Ovais Ahsan of
“PSO +0.42% and
Trade volumes on Thursday fell to 276 million shares compared with Wednesday’s tally of 284 million.
The value of shares traded during the day was
Foreign institutional investors were net sellers of
Like Business on Facebook, follow @TribuneBiz on Twitter to stay informed and join in the conversation.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Jack White Records Songs, Releases Vinyl in Hours
- 420 Pot Holiday Tries To Go Mainstream
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Malaysia, Flight 370 Relatives Talk Financial Help
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity