Despite the availability of a 64-bit processor, most of the Windows 8.1 tablets have been running in 32-bit mode.
One of the reasons to shift to 64-bit includes access to more memory, beyond the typical 32-bit mode offering 4GB limit.
However, another reason for the 64-bit push in tablets is because IT organizations want to standardize on 64-bit images and 64-bit apps, which cannot be achieved with the current
Dell would be rolling out updated Venue tablets for 64-bit, while
The report said that the race to 64-bit in mobile devices has taken on new urgency after Apple announced the 64-bit A7 processor powering its iPhone 5S, iPad Air, and iPad Mini Retina last year. (ANI)
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party