Despite the availability of a 64-bit processor, most of the Windows 8.1 tablets have been running in 32-bit mode.
One of the reasons to shift to 64-bit includes access to more memory, beyond the typical 32-bit mode offering 4GB limit.
However, another reason for the 64-bit push in tablets is because IT organizations want to standardize on 64-bit images and 64-bit apps, which cannot be achieved with the current
Dell would be rolling out updated Venue tablets for 64-bit, while
The report said that the race to 64-bit in mobile devices has taken on new urgency after Apple announced the 64-bit A7 processor powering its iPhone 5S, iPad Air, and iPad Mini Retina last year. (ANI)
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South