Here are some tips for college students to avoid paying fees when using a college-issued debit or prepaid card:
— Students who receive a debit card in the mail are under no obligation to activate the account to receive financial aid.
— Students should know that although the card is called a debit card, they can be charged a
— Students should know which banks charge the lowest out-of-network ATM fees. They will incur these fees when they withdraw from an ATM machine not affiliated with the card.
— To avoid overdraft fees, students with just a few dollars on their account should not have any recurring monthly charges on this account nor should they pay using checks from the account.
Source: U.S. PIRG, a consumer advocacy group.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction