Here are some tips for college students to avoid paying fees when using a college-issued debit or prepaid card:
— Students who receive a debit card in the mail are under no obligation to activate the account to receive financial aid.
— Students should know that although the card is called a debit card, they can be charged a
— Students should know which banks charge the lowest out-of-network ATM fees. They will incur these fees when they withdraw from an ATM machine not affiliated with the card.
— To avoid overdraft fees, students with just a few dollars on their account should not have any recurring monthly charges on this account nor should they pay using checks from the account.
Source: U.S. PIRG, a consumer advocacy group.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party