"I fully understand the importance of raising the debt ceiling on global financial markets and ensuring America's credit rating is fully secure and sound. However, I've repeatedly said that given this President's terrible fiscal record, we should view the debt ceiling as an opportunity to get our nation's finances under control. This clean debt ceiling is a missed opportunity that I regrettably could not support.
"The majority in the
It wasn't Republicans who backed the near trillion dollar stimulus. It wasn't Republicans who've been clamoring for more spending at almost every turn.
"Unfortunately, the President has been an unwilling partner. It's my hope that moving forward the
Let's get to work."
TNS 30TacordaCheng-140213-4636321 30TacordaCheng
Most Popular Stories
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- myLINGO Translates Hollywood Films into Spanish
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- Toledo Jeep Plant Hiring Part-Timers
- OECD Forecasts Slowdown in Global Growth
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- Snowden Urges Silicon Valley to Resist Internet Spying